Acute Pain related to Abdominal Distension

Acute Pain related to Abdominal Distension

Abdominal distension is the process of increasing abdominal pressure resulting in increased pressure in the stomach and the abdominal wall. Distention can occur mild or severe depending on the pressure generated. Abdominal distention can occur locally or complete and can be gradual or sudden. Acute abdominal distension may be a sign of peritonitis or signs of acute obstruction of the stomach.

Abdominal distension may result from fat, flatus, fetus (pregnant or intra-abdominal mass, ectopic pregnancy) or a liquid. Liquids and gases are normal in the GIT, but not in the peritoneal space. If liquid or gas can not exit freely, abdominal distension can occur. In the peritoneal space, distention can cause acute hemorrhage, accumulation of ascites fluid or air from the perforations of the organs in the abdomen.

Acute abdomen terminology has been widely known but difficult to define precisely. But as a reference, acute abdomen is a nontraumatic sudden onset disorder with primary symptoms of abdominal area and require immediate surgery.

The term acute abdomen or abdominal distress described the clinic as a result of gravity in the abdomen that usually occurs suddenly with pain as the main complaint. This situation requires immediate countermeasures are often in the form of surgery, for example on the obstruction, perforation, or bleeding.

Many conditions can cause acute abdomen. Broadly speaking, the situation can be grouped into five areas:
  • Bacterial inflammation processes - chemical;

  • Mechanical obstruction: such as volvulus, hernia, or adhesions;

  • Neoplasms / tumors: carcinomas, polipus, or ectopic pregnancy;

  • Vascular disorders: embolism, thromboembolism, perforation, and fibrosis;

  • Congenital abnormalities.

The most common causes of acute abdomen are:
  • Gastrointestinal tract abnormalities: non-specific pain, appendicitis, infection of the small intestine and colon, strangulated hernias, peptic ulcer perforation, perforation of the bowel, Meckel diverticulitis,

  • Boerhaeve syndrome, inflammatory bowel disorder, Mallory Weiss syndrome, gastroenteritis, acute gastritis, mesenteric adenitis.

  • Pancreatic abnormalities: acute pancreatitis.

  • Urinary tract abnormalities: renal or ureteral colic, acute pyelonephritis, cystitis, acute renal infarction.

  • Liver, spleen, and biliary tract abnormalities: acute cholecystitis, acute cholangitis, liver abscess, ruptured liver tumor, spontaneous rupture of the spleen, splenic infarction, biliary colic, acute hepatitis.

  • Gynecological abnormalities: ruptured ectopic pregnancy, twisted ovarian tumors, ovarian follicular cysts rupture, acute salpingitis, dysmenorrhea, endometriosis.

  • Vascular abnormalities: aortic aneurysm rupture and visceral, acute ischemic colitis, mesenteric thrombosis.

  • Peritoneal abnormalities: intra-abdominal abscesses, peritonitis primary, tuberculosis peritonitis.

  • Retroperitoneal abnormalities: retroperitoneal bleeding.

Acute pain related to distention, rigidity.
Goal: pain is resolved or controlled.
Expected outcomes: patients revealed a decrease in discomfort; expressed pain at a tolerable level, indicating relaxation.
Intervention:
  • Maintain bed rest in a comfortable position; do not support the knee.

  • Assess location, weight and type of pain.

  • Assess effectiveness and monitor for side effects anlgesik.

  • Give a planned rest period.

  • Assess and advise doing for the practice of active or passive range of motion every 4 hours.

  • Change positions frequently and give a back rub and skin care.

  • Auscultation bowel sounds; note the increase in rigidity or pain; give enema slowly when been booked.

  • Provide and encourage alternative measures of pain relief.

7 Responses to "Acute Pain related to Abdominal Distension"

  1. HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL MEDICINE HELPED ME GET RID OF MY 3 YEARS HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. Hello everyone my name is DONALD am from the united states i have been suffering from (HERPES) disease since 2016 and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Imoloa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is, if you have such sickness or any other at all like hepatitis A,B,C,CANCER,HPV,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES 1 AND 2,SMALL PENIS PROBLEM ,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYPHILIS, WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT AND many more ....... you can email him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. Sir, i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be grateful for the good work.

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Hello I'm cambell by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr.Emmanuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes disease, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the herpes cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. Emmanuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes negative, if you are herpes positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348140073965 

      Hapus
  2. MY TESTIMONY ABOUT HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL CREAM ENLARGE MY PENIS FROM 4 INCHES TO 8 INCHES

    Hello everyone here i want to share a marvelous testimony oh how Dr Imoloa HERBAL MIXTURE CREAM saved me from shame and disgrace .So Many Women Today Cheat On Their Husband All Because Of The Poor Performance Of Their Husband In Bed,I Have Come To Know That Women Love Men Who Last Long In Bed And Also Has That Big Dick That Can Make Them Scream And Also Make Them Rich Their Climax,Women Truly Love Good Sex. I Have Been Passing True Sexual Problems For The Past Six Years Now All Because Of The Size Of My Penis And My Poor Performance In Bed I Caught My Wife With A Man On Our Matrimonial Bed I Was Heart Broken And Confused When I Asked Her Why She Did All What She Did She Told Me I Was Not Good In Bed That I Can Not Satisfy Her That She Needs A Man Who Can Satisfy Her That Was How She Broke Up With Me At That Moment. I Told My Self I Was Never Going To Have Any Thing To Do With Any Woman Again I Started Going To The Club Sleeping Around With Different Girls at a Point I Got Tired Of Living That Kind Of Life Because That Was Never Part Of Me I Was On Line Last Month When I Came Across so many testimonies On Dr imoloa, How He Made their Sex Life Come Back To Life And That He Had Giving Them The Real Size Of Penis A Man Suppose To Have I Got Interested And I Contacted Him At Once Luckily For Me He Was Online After About 30 Minutes He Replied Me And Then He Told Me Every Thing I Needed To Do After Every Thing He Sent Me A herbal cream Package True The DHL courier Service Which I Received The Next three Days And Then I Started Using Them As Instructed By Him After About 2 Weeks I Started Seeing My Penis Got to 8 inches And i Felt So Many Changes Inside Of Me And Today I Am Happily Married With 2 kids And Last Up more than 1 Hour On Bed and can go up to 10 rounds with my wife All Thanks To Dr imoloa For Making Me Feel Like A Man Once Again.note he also have cure for......
    PENIS ENLARGEMENT, BREAST ENLARGEMENT, DIABETES 1/2,HIV/AIDS,HERPES,CANCER,PREMATURE EJACULATION,WEAK ERECTION,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION ,LOW SPERM COUNT PREGNANCY HERBAL MEDICINE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE LOW SPERM COUNT LYME DISEASE many more.. Contact Him At drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or whatssapp--+2347081986098

    BalasHapus
  3. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine,I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituahebalcenter.com. Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    BalasHapus
  4. I'm Trisha Nelson, from the USA. I contracted HIV 4 years ago, I was told by my doctor that there's no possible cure for HIV/AIDS. I started taking my ARV's, My CD4 was 77 and the viral load was 112,450. I did research on a herbal remedy and I saw Dr. James Herbal mixed medicine, also I saw a lot of testimonials about him on how he uses His strong herbal mix medicine to cure HIV/AIDS and other illnesses. I contacted him and told him my problems, He told me not to be worried anymore that I will benefit and get cured of his herbal medicine for HIV/Aids. I never doubted Him because I believed I will be cured as nature has the power to cure all kinds of sickness when herbal medicine is being used in the right proportion. He prepared his herbal drink and sent it to me, and I took it for 3 weeks morning and evening in a quantity he told me, after that, I went for a check-up, and I was cured of HIV. His herbal mix medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT AND EASY TO DRINK, there's no special diet when taking Dr. James herbal mix medicine. He told me he got cures for diseases like Alzheimer's disease, Cancer, Bipolar disorder, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia, Fibromyalgia. Dupuytren's disease, Neoplastic, Diabetes, Celiac disease, Cerebral Amyloid Antipathy, HPV, Weak Erection, Wart Remover. Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Allergic, Wart Remover, Melanoma, Parkinson, pectoral dermatitis, thyroid, HPV, ALS, KIDNEY DISEASES, SHINGLES. Pile, You can reach him on his Email address [GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM] INFO @ DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM

    BalasHapus
  5. Which can be what's more a very good put in which definitely enjoyed exploring. A possibility per day which we accommodate the opportunity to understand a single thing. Medicine

    BalasHapus
  6. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    BalasHapus